Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blood Results from my OB/GYN

This past Monday I got bad news about my blood work that my doctor drew. He was concerned when I told him Ive only had 3 period in 6 months. Since Ive been with him since I was 22 he knows me well. When you are not trying to conceive its not that big of deal. But it is huge right now.

So he called and I missed his phone call and he left the results of my bloodwork on my voicemail. OMG was my initial thought it scared me and all I wanted to do was talk to him. So I called the office and he couldnt talk to me. His nurse gave me the number to a Reproductive Endocrinologist so I called them. The nurse told me she would tell him to call me back. The RE told me she wanted the bloodwork he did. So I walked over to there office as I was picking up the papers and walking back to my dept. I saw the doctor. He wasnt even going to call me. So I pulled him over.

He told me there is a possibility that Im going into early menopause, thyroid problem, or something to do with my pituitary. He said he couldnt fix me and needed to go see the doctor he told me to go see. Appt is set for March 8th and Im on the cancel list in case someone cancels.

Will update once I know more....

4 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) I hope you get an earlier appointment so you can put your mind at ease! Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. B! Good thoughts do help. Thanks for the 30 day challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun. I hope they can get you figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that must have been such a difficult thing to hear, I am so sorry :( I hope the RE can be more helpful than your OB. I am keeping you in my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete